Thursday, December 5, 2013

Quotes From H

Remember my favorite student H? The one I've blogged about a couple of times? Well homeboy keeps me laughing all the time and so I started writing down some of the things he's said. He doesn't really know I'm doing this but I don't think he would really mind. He likes the attention.

Me: What are you asking for for Christmas?
H: A laptop and an iPod and an iPad and an iPhone.
Me: What on earth do you need an iPhone for?
H: Oh you know, so I can call people every once in a while, you know, for them to like pick me up.

H: Why did the cow cross the road?
Me: To get to the other side?
H: No! To get to the UDDER side!
Me: Laughing
H: You're going to call home to your family and tell them that joke aren't you?

H: When do you leave again?
Me: December 20 but my last day at school is December 19
H: Well, I'm going to start missing you December 20. I really am.

H: Hey! Maybe we could get together sometime and you know do fun stuff like golf or fish!

H: (Telling me about his two dogs) The female kept leaving liquidy blobs on the carpet. We'd have to put them in the washer, the carpets not the dogs, you know because of the liquidy blobs, the liquidy...turds. I'm sorry I really didn't want to have to say that word but I had to. So yea, we had to get rid of her because she kept leaving those blobs.

H: (After a student just walked out of my class without asking) You know, I'm a lot different from [name of student who walked out]. I always ask you before I walk out that door. Really I'm the exact opposite of him.

And my favorite one needs a little background information. So a female student of mine from another class shaved her head. She now has a buzzed boy haircut...I'm not sure why she did that and I'm not acknowledging it because I don't know what to say. Anyway, she came into the class H is in to do some work she hadn't finished. She was using one of the classroom iPods for the assignment and H, being the bossy kid he is, was counting the iPods to make sure they're all there. That's when he realized one was missing. It was the one my female student had. So that's where the hilarity begins...

H: Hanline there's an iPod missing!
Me: No, she has it. (I was pointing to my female student with the buzzed head.)
H: Who? (Looking around the room)
Me: Her. (Still pointing)
H: WHO? (Looking from me to my student and back to me.)
Me: Her H, my student, right there.
H: Are you calling that person a woman?
Me: (Whispering) Yes. H, I am.
H: You're seriously telling me that's a woman?
Me. Shhhh! Yes.
H: Oh, well make sure she puts the iPod back.

I've said this before and I know that I'll probably say it a million more times before my life is over... I love what I do.














1 comment:

  1. The words that come out of his mouth!!! love love love this post.

    ReplyDelete