I don't know if there is a more fun sport to play.
Seriously.
And I love Basketball and I love Ultimate Frisbee and I love Tennis and I love to swim.
But nothing is quite like Football.
I've loved hearing the names of our plays like Shotgun, Grinch, Molly/Mary, Reed, George, Banana Split, yelled out to us this Football season.
I loved being coached by some of my dearest friends.
I loved feeling myself improve each time we practiced and each time we had a game.
I loved having unity in our team unlike last year.
I loved seeing our friends on the sideline supporting us and cheering us on.
I love that Ashley insisted we name our team "Carolina Blue" and I loved that we all got matching shirts.
And let me tell ya'll there's nothing better than chasing after someone as hard as you can after bursting through their defensive line and then reaching out and yanking their flag right off of them bringing their play to a screeching halt.
There's nothing more thrilling than catching the ball, to the surprise of your opponents, and running up the field.
There's nothing better than watching one of your teammates running as hard and as fast as their legs will carry them to catch up with the other team's player who's about to score a touchdown and pulling their flag just in time to keep them from scoring.
There's nothing more exciting than yelling "Go, Go, Go!" and watching your teammate book it down the field, escaping the girls trying to pull her flag, to score a touchdown.
There's nothing more fulfilling then blocking the other team's linemen and keeping them from sacking your QB.
There's nothing that makes you feel more grateful than having your best friends coach your team which, not only means practicing a couple times a week, but also means showing up to all your games, even the ones where you had to play in the pouring sleet.
There really isn't a sport that is more exhilarating, that I've played, than just Flag Football.
I can't even fathom how exhilarating it would be to actually get to tackle your opponents.
Though I can fathom wanting to tackle them because I have that desire every game.
And there's nothing better than knowing that next semester will bring another Football season.
Go Carolina Blue!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment