Growing up, at the end of Christmas Break each year, I would experience the same tortured routine. I would go to bed with a huge knot in my stomach, dreading the coming of the next day. I would struggle to fall asleep because my body was used staying up late and sleeping in. I would toss and turn all night, worrying that I would oversleep and end up late for school. I would have a melancholy feeling hang over me as I desperately wished I could rewind and relive Christmas Break over again.
I've chosen a profession that still allows for me to get a two week Christmas Break but that also keeps this tortured routine of mine a part of my life.
I had such a full and fun two weeks off and it was so painful to see it end, especially because Will had all but one day off with me too. But all good things come to an end and we're back to our routines. Back to alarms and hitting snooze five times and packing lunches and morning talk radio stations and jobs that, even though I'm complaining about returning to right now, we actually do love.
So here's to another Christmas Break and here's to getting passed the first day back!
 |
| Our pup loves my sister's boyfriend, Nathan. |
 |
| We love having a working fireplace. |
 |
| One of my Christmas gifts from Will was tickets to the Carolina/Appalachian basketball game! |
 |
| We had 3rd row seats and it was so incredible. I didn't even need to zoom in for pictures! |
 |
| It was so warm that Dixie got to spend a lot of time swimming in the swamp! This was Christmas Eve. |
 |
| Lovely Christmas China and Yeti cups. |
 |
| Our little 3 month old niece, Madeleine. |
 |
| Long road trips aren't comfortable for anyone. |
 |
| Our first Christmas as Mr. and Mrs. |
 |
| We spent a lot of time training Dixie and most of the time she did great! |
 |
| But sometimes she didn't listen so well... |
 |
| We rang in 2016 with games, snacks, and energy drinks. |
I am very interested in the yeti cups. I love you guys.
ReplyDeleteso lucky will had so much time off! that is so great!!!
ReplyDelete