Anyway, I mentioned in a previous and recent post that I got my first puppy. But besides a few pictures, I haven't really said all that much about her, which is crazy because, next to Will, she's what I spend most of my time thinking about.
About a month after Will and I got married we decided we were ready to get a puppy. We (I) had been thinking about it and dreaming about it and talking about it since my beloved Moxie left our family in 2012. Getting a puppy had been something we debated for a while, not because we didn't want one, but because we don't have a yard and because Will's Mom is severely allergic to dogs. But we decided we couldn't wait and that we were ready and so on Monday, July 20th, Will and I drove an hour to Taylorsville, North Carolina to get a puppy.
We knew exactly what we (I) wanted, a female yellow lab with a black nose and the litter we were going to look at had 5 yellow females so we knew we'd leave with a pup. It really wasn't as hard as it could have been to pick out our puppy because of the 5 yellows, there was only one with a black nose, but really they were all just precious. The were all 4 weeks old, eating wet dog food, and so adorable. They were all piling on top of each other on top of the floor vent where the AC was coming through. We spent a good 45 minutes sitting in the kitchen floor of the couples house playing with the 7 puppies before officially choosing Dixie. They let us pick a tiny little collar for her to wear home, we paid them handsomely, and left with the newest addition to our family.
Will and I only told my parents that we were going to get a puppy and so we were able to surprise my sisters and grandparents that evening. Everyone was smitten with Dixie, which really couldn't be avoided as she is perfect.
We've had Dixie for 5 months now and she has made my heart full. Will and I are thrilled with her everyday and I'd have to say that besides Will's wedding band, she's the best thing I've ever bought.
It ended up being the perfect time for us to get a dog after all.
best puppy in all the world. she was so tinyyyyy! I miss our days of watching breaking bad together haha
ReplyDelete