I love summer and I am so glad that I get to be home during it. Summer in North Carolina is just so wonderful. It's like a movie or a dream. The days are so hot that all you want to do is be near the water, any water; whether it be the ocean, lake, creek, or pool. And so that's what you do, you cool down at your nearest water source. This heat also makes everything taste better. And it makes you crave things like tomatoes sprinkled with salt, cucumbers, and Cheerwine (though I always crave Cheerwine). And so you go out to the garden and get a tomato, that's been warmed by the sun, you peel that sucker and eat it. The hot sun also browns your skin and lightens your hair. And man, everyone looks so much better with a tan. The Summer nights are even better. They're filled with the sound of frogs and Cicadas. And the night is lit up by hundred of lightening bugs. And it's at night that you can sit out on the porch because it's cooled down. At night the cards and ice cream come out and at night the conversations flow with ease. Laughter comes easily, especially if you're sitting out on your grandparents porch. And time doesn't matter because no one needs to get up for school. I believe that Summers bring families closer. I love Southern Summers and the way they float by. Though sometimes I wish they would float a bit slower.
Happy Summer Y'all!

oh. my. gosh. you make me want to move to the south so dang bad. and i totally agree on the tan thing...im finally tan again and i just feel so much more comfortable in my own skin haha
ReplyDelete