Sunday, August 21, 2011

Unbroken

     I just finished reading the most amazing book about an amazing man. Louis Zamperini has become of my heroes. This book, Unbroken, is his story.
     Louis Zamperini was an Olympic runner in the 1936 Olympics, held in Berlin. He was quite a famous American in his time. He joined the Army Air Corps in 1940 and that was really when his unbelievable journey began. Now, I don't want to ruin the book for those who might want to read it but I absolutely loved every page of it. I am truly in awe of the person Louis Zamperini is and equally in awe at the journey he faced to become that man.I am so thankful for his story and I am thankful for his faith in God and humanity. I will always treasure his life. He is truly an inspiration.
    I love history. And it's men like Zamperini that makes history my love. I love the World War II generation. They are extraordinary. I know that they weren't perfect and that the life of war left them worn down, broken, and depressed but they didn't give up. They came home, raised families, built up this country, and remained Patriotic and God-fearing men. We need to honor these men and their families. I am so thankful for them.
    I am so excited to be a History Ed. major. I love that I get to spend my college career studying the great history of this great Nation, which includes the history of great men like Louis Zamperini. I can't wait to become a History Teacher and hopefully help others see the value in those who came before us and who bought and protected our freedom. God Bless Louis Zamperini. And God Bless all the men who fought and still fight for the United States of America.

Young Louis

Present Day Louis

No comments:

Post a Comment