Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Summer Break 2011

Believe it or not... I am a tender-hearted person. Now what makes me so tender? Change. Change makes me cry even if it's a good change or an exciting change. Tomorrow is Maddie and Kate's first day of school. Maddie is starting her Senior year and Kate is starting her Freshman year and my emotions are all in a bunch about it. I can't believe how grown my sisters are getting which means that I am even more grown which makes me want to vomit. Now don't get me wrong, I love the age I am and I love the ages of my sisters. But at the same time life is flying by and I can't stop it. As soon as I get a grip on my life and get comfortable with where I am it zips past again. I am so blessed and I have such a great life but it's a fast one and I wish it would slow down. My summers are short these days due to my school schedule but despite it's lack in length this summer was so great and it sickens me that it's ending. I have loved every day I got to spend with my sisters, at our beloved island, at the lake, at the pool, riding horses, watching movies, eating, talking, laughing, and just being together. I am so thankful for them and for the great relationships we have... they aren't perfect and we do fight but we never end a day without a "Love You". Like I have said summer brings families closer together and that's exactly what this summer did.
I hope that Madd and Katie both have a great first day tomorrow, especially Madd since it's her last first day of High School. I wish them the best luck and as much happiness as school can bring. So even though the days are still amazingly hot we bid Adieu to Summer Break 2011. It's been real.



No comments:

Post a Comment