Monday, October 3, 2011

North Carolina

I am indisputably in love with North Carolina. It makes me so happy. And North Carolina is so worthy of that. I am so amazed at its beauty everyday. I'm so proud to be a North Carolinian and I'm so proud that my roots run so deep in it's soil.

My family has been here for generations. Since before this country was even organized my ancestors chose North Carolina as their home and I'm so glad that everyone since then decided to stay. Being from North Carolina has truly defined me and made me who I am.

I love everything about this place. From the warm, beautiful beaches to the humidity. It's blue skies and warm weather. The winding roads and all the trees. The lightening bugs and Honey Suckles. It's history and culture. And especially it's lovely spot beneath the Mason Dixon Line. All of North Carolina is wonderful to me.


Now I don't ever want to sound like I think North Carolina is superior to other states or that my family is more remarkable than others. I just love where I'm from. I am just thrilled that I was born in North Carolina and this is where I want to be laid to rest when that day comes.

I never thought that I would leave North Carolina and it the thought pained me at first. But I have found that there are other beautiful states that I have become quite fond of. However, nothing will ever make me feel the way North Carolina does. No matter where I am North Carolina will always be home and it will always be where my heart is.

The Appalachian Mountains 


Sliding Rock North Carolina

Oak Island North Carolina Lighthouse

A little taste of a North Carolina Fall

Dogwoods are the North Carolina State Flower




1 comment:

  1. i love this. i LOVE your love for north carolina...i wish i loved my home like that, but one day i will. where ever i end up living when i "grow up". i cant wait to visit this state. seriously, that is going to be awesome.

    ReplyDelete