So, I decided to clean out my closet and it's been nothing short of a gut-wrenching nightmare. I've managed to drag this project out over several days because it's just too overwhelming. For example, I found a bag full of old birthday cards. They went clear back to when I was 7! And I just don't know how I can throw away 13 years of notes my family members have written to me, including cards from my Great-Grandmothers! But realistically when will I go back and actually read them? So this is what I have been facing for the past couple days. Trying to decide what to keep and what to trash.
Anyway, what I really wanted to blog about was my old journals that I found. I found 3 old journals that range from ages 9-13. Now let me tell you. I was boy crazy! It's so embarrassing! I don't remember being so in love with the opposite sex at that age. I mean every page had one thing or another about one boy or another. And it's so funny because nothing was happening that was really journal worthy. I mean I would write about how someone waved at me or looked at me. It's funny because it's not journal worthy to me now but it really was then. It's funny that a wave, a smile, or a look is what I looked forward to and almost what I lived for. How innocent is that? And when did that change?
I think that, even though looking back it's so embarrassing, it's really ok to be that innocent. I think that we should let ourselves be that enamored with waves and smiles. Because, if we're that enamored with waves and smiles think about what hand holding becomes, and what kissing becomes! Sometimes it's ok to get back to being a little more innocent, I think it makes life more exciting.
No comments:
Post a Comment