"We all have a song that some how stamped out lives. Takes us to another place and time."
-Kenny Chesney
Man, how true those words are. I know I'm young and I haven't done that much living but there are some songs that, when I hear them, hit me like a ton of bricks. I hear certain songs and the next thing I know my mind is somewhere else or with someone else.
"Wide Open Spaces" by The Dixie Chicks: My sisters and I loved The Dixie Chicks. We new just about all their songs. And this song reminds me of how little we used to be and who we loved to sing along.
"Something Like That" by Tim McGraw: I loved this song when I was little. I remember the Starnes girls and I would pretend that we were the girl he was singing about in this song. And my sisters and I loved this song too and were always so thrilled when it came on the radio.
"I Should'a Been a Cowboy" by Toby Keith: 9th Grade. Riding horses (Tank) with my two best friends, Brittany Powell and Jordan Plummer. We would ride all the time and we took this song and made up our own words to it. It was our theme song and we had the time of our lives riding our horses and screaming this song at the top of our lungs.
"How 'Bout Them Cowgirls" by George Strait: Junior and Senior year. Brittany Powell and Katie Westmoreland and I loved this song. They were my two best friends and they were both cowgirls too. I think this song really describes the 3 of us perfectly. George probably wrote it with us in mind.
"Stop and Stare" by One Republic: This song makes me think of my Junior year with Nathan Stanford, Forrest Hubert and Hannah Dunn and our trip to the beach. It also makes me want to cry because it's very melancholy.
"Shake It" by Metro Station: This song makes me think of driving to Seminary with Maddie my senior year. We listened to it everyday.
"Whatever It Is" by The Zac Brown Band: Oh this song reminds me of Robbie Fairweather. This was his song for me. I couldn't listen to it for awhile but now when I hear it makes me smile. (And weirdest thing... it just came on my itunes randomly!!!)
"Hey, Soul Sister" by Train: This song makes me think of my freshman year of college. I hear this song and I'm back in Rexburg driving around in Skyler's car with Kat and Jas.
"All the Pretty Girls on a Saturday Night" by FUN: This song makes me think of Kat and all the times we sang and danced to this song in our rooms on all those Saturday nights we had together.
"Raise Your Glass" by Pink: This some makes me think of this past Winter Semester and of my good friend Megan Thorne and how the chorus describes us pretty well.
"Tonight, Tonight" by Hot Chelle Rae: This song makes me think of this past Spring Semester and all my A Listers. I can't listen to it right now because I miss them and it's too soon to listen to it without it hurting me. But I love this song and it makes me think of my favorite semester of college so far!
I have had such a great life so far and it's been filled and is filled with wonderful friends. These songs are stamped in my heart along with all of those people they remind me of.
"And every time I hear that song, I go back. I go back."
-Kenny Chesney
i'm a little upset that i'm just now finding out you had a blog... but proud of you for having one nonetheless. I EFFING MISS YOU.
ReplyDeleteI was thinking about "Something like that" the other day! It makes me laugh every time I think about us pretending that Tim McGraw was singing to us!
ReplyDeleteahhh i have so many songs that make me think of you! and raise your glass is definitely one of them!!! music definitely connects me to memories...its crazy
ReplyDelete