I get too attached to my shows. I really do. But I can't help it. The characters on my shows, seem to, in a way become my friends. And that could be because I don't really have access to my real friends at the moment.
Right now I'm watching Grey's Anatomy. And I'm sorry if this is going to ruin it for anyone who isn't as far into it as I am but one of my most favorite characters on the show was killed. George O'Malley. He died saving a girl he didn't even know from being hit by a bus. Heroic right?
Well, I balled. It tore me up. It's killing me knowing that George is dead. And he isn't even real. And I was thinking I should not be literally sobbing, mascara running down my face, clinching my heart as if he is a real person that I know and love. I was thinking I should be embarrassed by this behavior. But you know what? I'm not. Not one bit. I think that this reaction I had to George O'Malley being killed off of Grey's Anatomy shows how well written it is. I think it shows that these characters are realistic and they mirror real live people. My seemingly ridiculous outburst of tears just proves that Grey's Anatomy is a brilliant show.
So to George: you will be missed. And I'm still a little teary knowing that you're not going to be roaming the halls of Seattle Grace and saving lives. Here's to pulling at my heart strings even though you are a fictional character. Here's to the writers of Grey's Anatomy.

i love this. this is so great. it reminds me of the day we watched that horrific episode of criminal minds where spencey was being tortured...i was holding back tears...
ReplyDeletehaha oh yes. How attached we get. I miss spencey and I'm excited for us to be reunited with him!
ReplyDelete