Wednesday, September 21, 2011

My Person

As I have learned from my recent addiction to Grey's Anatomy, everyone has a "Person". 
Your "Person" is someone that gets you. Someone who knows what you're thinking without you even having to say a word. Someone who you aren't afraid to be completely honest with. Someone who you can laugh with, cry with, and rant with. Your "Person" is someone who always has your back and takes your side even when you're being ridiculous, horrible, or just plain wrong. Someone who you want to tell your good news to, your bad news to, and even your news that isn't really even news at all. 
Now for some people this person is their spouse, fiance, or boyfriend, which I guess is fine and I guess even good. For other people, it's their best friend. And that's the case for me. 
My "Person" is Kathryn Swinehart Plummer.
Kathryn and I met our freshman year of college. We were roommates by chance and best friends by fate. Kathryn is my "Person", which I think is more than a best friend. It's like a bond that goes beyond words. We don't even have to use words to get what the other is thinking. She and I are so much alike and are able to understand each other pretty much perfectly. 
Now Kathryn married Skyler, who happened to be our other best friend, and you would think that I would lose her as my "Person" but I didn't. Things haven't changed in the slightest. In fact, I would say they're even better. And I know when I get married nothing will change then either. And when the time comes and we no longer live most of the year in Rexburg, we will most likely end up on opposite ends of the country, and things will still stay the same then too. When we have real jobs, buy real homes, have kids, and even have grand-kids things are going to stay the same. See, that's the beauty of having a "Person". They'll always be your "Person". No matter what.
Now, I do miss my "Person". 
We talk all the time. And we text pretty much everyday. But I miss knowing that she lives just up the road from me. I miss knowing I can just walk to her apartment if I need to. I miss knowing that I could run into her on campus or meet up with her for lunch.  I miss seeing her with her husband and hanging out with them like usual. I miss playing sports and watching our show together. But it's ok to miss her because she's my "Person".


Festival of Colors-2010


Cross Country Skiing

Las Vegas Trip


Kat, Sky, Me- Utah
Ultimate Water Fight- East Vs. West Rexburg



Kathryn's 19th Birthday


1 comment: