Sunday, September 16, 2012

Two Special Gifts

Right before I left home, a little over a week ago it was, each of my Grandfathers gave me a gift. Both were extremely thoughtful, extremely sweet, and extremely appreciated.

My Granddaddy made me this:


As you can see, it's a picture holder. But what I'm not sure you can see is that it's fishing line holding the pictures, connected to mini fish hooks, and the hooks are connected to the frame. Isn't it so awesome? We saw one in a store down at the beach and my Mom said "I bet your Granddaddy could make that!" And well, he did! 
The wood he used is so pretty and he did such a great job. It's perfect in every way because he is after all a "Paticle" head. I was so taken aback that he would take the time to make this for me for no other reason than that I wanted it and he loves me. I love it and I appreciate it so much.

Then, a few days later my Pawpaw told me to come out to his car with him because he had something for me. And it was this:



Is this little puzzle not so cool? And it's really made in Holland not in China! And his reasoning for giving it to me? Because I blogged about how I love elephants that one time! It was so thoughtful and such a surprise. Not because my Pawpaw isn't always thoughtful because he is, but just because he remembered that I loved elephants and gave me such a sweet gift because of it.

Both of these gifts mean so much to me. I'm sure that it didn't seem like that big of a deal to my Granddaddy or my Pawpaw when they gave them to me but it sure means a lot to me.

I've grown up knowing I was loved and adored by these two men and because of that these gifts are something I will appreciate and treasure forever.

I love you both!

No comments:

Post a Comment