I love tragic and heartbreaking songs, books, and movies.
They pull at my heartstrings. They make my heart ache and hurt. They're painful.
But I love them.
I love to feel that sadness. I love for stories to hurt me and choke me with bitterness.
I love to feel overwhelmed with sorrow.
Does that make me strange?
And I'm not quite sure why that is, as I have never had such sadness in my whole life.
So, I think it must be because there's potential for it.
But isn't that what we all want?
Happiness that if taken away would cause us to choke with bitterness, hurt and ache, and cause us to drown in our own sorrow?
I believe that's what we all want.
i really, really love this post. i agree with it all. my favorite..."happiness that if taken away would cause us to choke with bitterness, hurt and ache, and cause us to drown in our own sorrow" thats the kind of happiness i want.
ReplyDelete