Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Disappointed.

Today my disappointment is not the result of who won the election but rather is the result of the comments made about the outcome of the election.
I just can't believe how truly rude and horrible people are being. And what surprises me the most is that the worst comments are coming from older people. People that I would have expected more from. People that I view as being wise and that deserve my up most respect.
For example,
People are saying they're leaving the country because Obama was re-elected.
My response? Good. Go. Please by all means get outta here. Since the only great thing about America is it's President...
People are saying that they're depressed and have lost complete faith in the American people.
My response? Since when do differing views and opinions constitute losing faith in someone. If that were the case I wouldn't even have faith in some of my own family members.
People putting pictures like this up on facebook:

Seriously? I'm offended by this and I'm not even an Obama supporter. But saying that he is stepping on our Constitution is just rude. If there's one thing I've learned from being a History major it's that American Presidents interpret the Constitution so differently. I mean don't people know that even the great Abraham Lincoln completely dismissed what the Constitution said many times? And yet we glory in him. And just one more thing about this picture... the fact that it has FDR clapping for Obama just gripes my tail. 

I'm not quite sure how I feel yet about Obama being re-elected except that I'm not leaving this country, I'm not depressed, and I haven't lost faith in anyone today. As I've gotten older I've just realized how grimy all politicians are and it's them that I am leery of, not the American people. I have a hard time trusting a person that campaigns for themselves because they think they are truly what's best for our Nation. I don't know about y'all but I've never had that much confidence in myself. And, you know, neither did George Washington, who is the only President we've had that was honest, true, chaste, and benevolent. (Of course that's my opinion.) And who didn't campaign for himself, took on the responsibility because of his love of the people, and who stepped down on his own. (Find me a President since him that would step down on their own.)
Anyway, I apologize for my rant. I just don't believe in posting something like this on facebook. I think it's immature and I don't think it does anyone any good.

I'm proud to be an American. I love this Nation. I love it's Constitution. And I pray for all our leaders.

1 comment: