Thursday, November 8, 2012

Yep...Another Ross Baron Post

Wow.
This is the first day in a long time that I have so many things I want to say on this here blog.
They're all totally random and they all totally deserve to be their own post.
So...
I'm going to blog about the best thing.

I WENT TO ROSS BARON'S OFFICE TODAY AND WE TALKED FOR 45 MINUTES!!
Yes. 
It really, really, happened.
I'm still not quite sure how to express how awesome it was.

I had his class today and our discussion left me with several more questions and luckily for me he doesn't have a class to teach after mine and I don't have a class to go to after his.
Golden.
Blessed.
So he invited me to come talk in his office.
And I just don't know how one person can be so smart, so wise, so in tune with God, so brilliant in interpreting the scriptures, and so aware of what's going on in the world all at the same time. 
We talked about the questions I had from class...and might I just say that God is so great!!
Then we talked about Israel.
Then we talked about the political issues between the Jews and Palestinians in Israel.
Then we talked about our Church. 
Then we talked about his family.
Then we talked about my family.
Then he thought I was dating my friend Brooks and I got super flustered and embarrassed. 
So then we talked about Will.
(And want to know his biggest worry concerning Will? His accent. He was really pleased to know he has one.)
Then we talked about Megan.
And then we went back to God being so great.

I was in heaven. 

I know I've talked about Ross Baron so many times but he's truly impacted my life in such a big way. I've learned so much from him. And I've gotten closer to God and Jesus Christ because of his classes, his wisdom, his experiences, his teaching. 
I love this man. And I don't know if he'll ever really understand the lasting impact he's had on me these past 3 1/2 years. I don't know if he'll ever know how much it meant to me to get to chat with him today.

1 comment:

  1. 1. i am so freaking stoked that you talked about me, that HE talked about me and 2. my favorite is when someone says, "in the scriptures it talks about..." and he goes, "alma 47" and then the person just keeps on talking...i love him so much!

    ReplyDelete