Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

Today as I was teaching my 7th graders, I got carried away and started preaching to them a little bit. They were being disrespectful, as usual, and weren't taking my activity of making a Valentine for someone seriously. So I stopped them and let 'em have it. I told them how they needed to be thankful that they get to be with the people they love on this day because some people don't get to be with their loved ones. Of course when I said it I was thinking about myself and how I don't get to be with Will or with my family today. But then it hit me. I was being selfish. I thought about those people who don't even have a Valentine.  I remembered those in the military who are separated from their loved ones all the time. I thought of those who's loved ones have passed on before them and who have to go on alone. And then I felt so thankful.

I am so blessed. I have so many people in my life that let me love them and that miraculously love me back. Though I don't get to see them today I feel their love.
I hope they can feel mine in return.

Happy Valentine's Day to all those that I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment