Friday, September 6, 2013

Hello Again

Hello again.
It's definitely been a while since I've blogged. And I believe there's a reason for that but I just haven't quite put my finger on what that reason is...

So I am currently living in Taylorsville, Utah so that I can be a Student Teacher at Brockbank Jr. High in Magna, Utah. I've never lived in Utah before...I've always just visited it on the weekends. And I haven't really decided how I feel about living here yet. You see, I miss North Carolina and it feels too weird to be out West but not in my beloved Idaho. So the jury is still out on Utah because I want to give it a fair chance. I'll let y'all know when the verdict is in.

However, I really, REALLY, love Brockbank Jr. High. It's such a great school. I have the cutest 7th graders ever and haven't had any issues at all so far. Some of them actually really like me too which not only makes my job more fun but also makes it extremely hard not to have favorites. (Ok, but who am I kidding...I totally have favorites...so I guess it makes it extremely hard not to SHOW that I have favorites.) And I really love my Mentor Teacher too. Her name is Karrie Fielding and she's awesome. I knew from the first day I met her that we were going to get along really well because she said "Hey! Do you want to go get lunch? Like maybe somewhere where we can get Diet Coke?" But as a bonus she's also a really good teacher so I've been so happy to be in her class. The staff at Brockbank Jr. High are all great too. I love the Principle and I love how the whole staff seems to be united and happy. Does this school sound too good to be true to anyone else? So the Student Teaching aspect of my life right now is wonderful and I've got a million funny stories already.

Anyway, I need to get going...I have a Faculty Meeting in 10 minutes (Aren't I fancy? Going to Faculty Meetings on Friday afternoons?). Hopefully I won't be neglecting this poor blog anymore and hopefully it'll be full of those funny stories I mentioned...

No comments:

Post a Comment