Last week I got to go with my 7th graders on their Field Trip to the Utah State Fair! It was a really great day for me and for the kiddos too. I loved getting to see my students having such a fun day together, especially because for a lot of my students this was the only time they've been able to do something like this. We all got to the Fair around 10 am and left at 1 pm. So the Sevies had a good 3 hours to explore the Utah State Fair. But don't worry they weren't just running around free and easy with nothing educational to do, it was still a school day after all, so they had a worksheet to complete before the day was over. Oh and I learned a lot too but not from a worksheet. I learned that...
-School Buses smell a million time worse when you are not one of the Sevies riding it anymore.
-Michelle Obama's School Lunches may be popular with her supporters but they are not popular with the human beings that actually have to eat them. Just ask the fair ground keepers who had to clean up all the smashed "bologna" sandwiches and "graham crakcers" litered all over creation.
-Apparently not very many kids from Magna, Utah have been exposed to live farm animals before and therefore don't know how big cows get...seeing as they thought the calves at the fair where "huge" bulls.
-Students will try to force feed the goats their worksheet so that they can say a goat ate their homework.
-And some of the goats will give in and actually eat parts of those worksheets.
-The Utah State Fair is not fun enough for the kids that they don't want to be on their phones. They'll always want their phones.
-The Sevies language is just as bad on the fair grounds as it is in the hallways of Brockbank Jr. High and I have to call them down just as much.
-Fair food is just as expensive in Utah as it is North Carolina. I paid $9.50 for a Philly-Cheesteak sandwich. And I'll admit that it was very good but seeing as they only take cash I couldn't afford a $3.80 Diet Coke and had to eat it with water. Fail. (Ain't nobody wanna eat a Philly-Cheesteak with water!!)
-Students like you a whole lot more when you're just hanging out with them at a Fair and not giving them a quiz on the counties in Utah.
-Field Trips are more fun than being in the classroom no matter how old you are.
I love the profession I've chosen. I love student teaching. And I love Fairs.
and i love this post...love all of the bullet points! haha are those bullet points? lets just go with that i guess haha
ReplyDelete