Thursday, September 26, 2013

Parent Teacher Confereces

I found that it's awkward to tell a parent their child is failing your class even though the child absoultely deserves the F they have.

I found that it's difficult to breath through your nose when your student's family smells terribly and when all 6 of them are crowding around your table.

I found that it's maddening when one of your student's mom gets fiesty with you because you don't happen to know off the top of your head why her daughter hasn't turned in ANY of her weekly homeworks.

I found that it's hard watching your students get a "talking to" from their parents about their performance in your class.

I found that it's even harder to watch students tear up because of those "talking tos".

I found it puzzling to see the parents of students who are on free and reduced lunches and who wear the same dirty clothes to school everyday, have Smart Phones. (You can afford data plans but can't wash your kids clothes??)

I found that it's interesting to see the parents of your students and to see where they get it from or where they don't get it from.

I found that it's rewarding to get to tell parents that their child has an A in your class.

I found that it's delightful to chat with my favorite student's parents. (I've given up on trying to not have favorites.)

I found that it's satisfying to create plans of action with the parents of students that are struggling.

And I found that it's a RELIEF when Parent Teacher Conferences, that lasted 6 hours over the span of 2 days, over.

1 comment:

  1. oh good gracious, this is what i have to look forward to haha

    ReplyDelete