Saturday, April 30, 2011

My favorite part of my Week!

So this semester I am taking another class from a religion professor I had last year... Ross Baron. And let me just say that I couldn't be more excited about that little fact. This man is incredible. I have never met anyone that I have wanted to be related to so badly. I have his class on Mondays and Fridays... in a perfect world I would have his class everyday but since this world is far from perfect the next best thing is beginning my week with his class and ending the week with his class.

Now, what makes him so great? I'm still finding all the reasons. Every class I think "Man I don't think I could love this teacher anymore!" and then every class I walk out thinking "Oh my goodness I love this teacher even more!" How does he do it? How is that possible? All I know is that he is the most entertaining, energetic, excited, happiest, most spiritual man EVER. He is thrilled about God. Which means that he is thrilled about EVERYTHING. But it's not this cheesy, fake, annoying happiness. It's genuine. He is truly thrilled about everything. He is a Father, Grandfather, convert from Judaism, Stake President (mine by the way), Professor, forever missionary, and cancer survivor. All of these aspects, I think, help him to be this awesome man with awesome experiences. He loves the gospel and explains it in this profound way. He never steps out of line either, when he's teaching. He always teaches with the Spirit and sticks to doctrine. His class is definitely the highlight of my week.

Now, I hope that this doesn't make me seem like a creeper or anything. I am not the only student who feels this way. Every person I've met that has had a class with Bro. Baron feels the exact same way. In fact, on the first day of class 10+ students came to his class hoping that there would be people signed up for the class that wouldn't show so they could take the empty spots. Bro. Baron had to have them write their names on a piece of paper so he could draw names of who would get in his class. When he drew the first name... we all simultaneously started cheering for that person (not including Bro. Baron). We were all so happy for those who got to join us and so sad for those that couldn't. Of course I couldn't help but be so glad I had a seat.
Anyway, there you have it. My favorite part of my week and why!

Here he is! Ross Baron in action! 

2 comments:

  1. ahhh! i want him so bad next semester!!! i BETTER get in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah girl... I hope that you do. I just can't get over how awesome he is (as you can tell)!

    ReplyDelete