So tonight I had an Ultimate Frisbee game and then right after that I had a Flag Football game. We won both!!!
First was the Ultimate game. It was my ward team (I'm on another team that plays on Tuesdays). It was so windy. Now, for those of you who haven't experienced Rexburg wind let me try to explain it. Imagine the windiest day at the beach and multiply that by 6. (A little Megamind reference for the fans out there.) But seriously this wind will knock you down if you aren't careful and that is no exaggeration. So imagine trying to throw a Frisbee in those conditions. It's so difficult and the game was really slow but we managed to win. We also didn't have enough girls for substitutes so we had to play the whole game... but honestly I liked that it turned out like that. This game was close... we won at the last minute, literally. As maddening as it was to have to fight with the wind the whole game it was still really fun.
Then, I ran over to my next game so I wouldn't be late. The Flag Football team that I'm on is also for the ward and it's an all girl team. We have 2 coaches that are guys from the ward but they both had their own game tonight that interfered with ours so we were on our own to come up with plays and such. I was the running back and a linemen (not at the same time). We did pretty well! The other team scored first and then we got a touch down and went for 2, which we also got. So we were in the lead. Then with 30 seconds left in the game our team got an interception! With 3 seconds left we lined up and got the play going. Our QB threw a long pass and one of our girls caught it in the in-zone! It was so exciting!!! It was so much fun!
I'm really looking forward to the rest of the season, well I guess I should say the rest of the seasons! Man, Spring Semester is the best!!!!
*Sorry football fans if the football lingo wasn't used correctly... I'm workin' on it!
loved the megamind refernce :)
ReplyDeletehaha I thought you would :)
ReplyDelete