Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Helping Hands That Guide Me

Today being Mother's Day I thought it fit to blog about Mothers! I am blessed to not only have my wonderful Mother but I also have Grandmothers and an Aunt who are also 'mothers' to me.

First, my Granny, she's my Dad's Mother and did a great job raising him. She is so positive and so thoughtful. She has taught me to have a good outlook on life. I have watched her throughout my life quietly serve others in small ways and in huge ways. She never complains and she is always quick to laugh. I love so much about her, like how she loves to garden and be outside and how she can grow anything. I love that she is a lefty. I love that she loves football and sports in general. I love that she supports me in all my activities. I love her cooking. I love her stories about when my Dad was growing up. I love how she loves a good book and will always share it with me. I love how she cares and loves all of her grandkids. I love how she loves Moxie. I love how she makes me feel loved. She is an amazing women and I am so thankful for her.


Next, my Grandmother!! She has always let me know that she loves me I've never doubted it. She always makes everyone feel at home and at ease. She is a generous person with everyone. She has taught me to put my best foot forward and to keep my southern heritage strong. I love how she loves and needs her Diet Coke. I love how talented she is with music, piano and singing, and how freely she shares those talents. I love how well she takes care of her Mother and all of her family. I love how she loves to play games and eat popcorn with it. I love how she loves the beach. I love how I can always see her in a crowd because of her white hair. I love how she loves others and reaches out to them. She was a great mom to my Mother and Aunt and a wonderful Grandmother to all of us. She is a wonderful Lady and I am glad to be her Granddaughter.


My second mom happens to be my wonderful Aunt Sherri! She is so kind and thoughtful. She is compassionate and so creative. She is a great listener and but also has the best insight. I love how she's different from my mom... it adds a great balance to our family and it helps her give advice that my mom and I wouldn't have been able to see. She tells great stories and always has a story from her life that can help me or will just be fun to hear. She is crafty and always shares that talent with others. She is so willing to help us and I know I can always count on her. I love her singing voice and sitting next to her when we sing in choirs or just in Grandmother's piano room. I love how she is my mom's best friend. I love her cooking. I love how she paints her nails pretty colors. I love when she laughs that her voice gets high. I love how she always makes me feel like I bring something to the table.




And last but most certainly not least, my own Mother. I love her so much. I am so thankful that I am her daughter. She is so funny. She can liven up a crowd of people whether it's in our living room or a line at the DQ. She loves her family and I love how she calls us all her 'people'. She is so easy to talk to and I am so thankful to know that I can go to her about anything and she'll listen and help me. She is a great example to me in all she does. I have watched her my whole life and I can say that she has lived a great life and I want to be like her. She taught me to always be honest and the importance of being trustworthy. She always let us know growing up that we were loved. She made our home somewhere we wanted to be. I love how she always welcomed my friends in our home. I love the music that she loves and raised me on. I love how she jokes around with Daddy and shows that she's still in love with him. I love how she supports me in all I do. I love how kind she is. I love that she is my Mother.


Each of these people have helped to make me who I am. I am so thankful to have them in my life and I am truly blessed to know them. Happy Mother's Day!!!

*This Video does a pretty good job articulating how I think and feel about my own Mother. I love you Mother!

No comments:

Post a Comment