Sunday, October 13, 2013

Mother Like Mine

Happy Birthday T!

This is one of my favorite songs from my current favorite album. I thought about saving this song for Mother's Day but I couldn't wait that long...it has to be for today.

Give it a listen.

I love this song because I love my Mother and I too believe the world would be better if everyone had a Mother like her. But there are specific lines in the song that really fit my Mother to a T.

"...a blind believer in all I dare to be." My Mother truly has supported me, believed in me, and cheered me on my whole life. She's put so much trust and faith in me that it often causes me to wonder why but I'm thankful nonetheless.

"There's no safer place I've found, than the shoulder of her white nightgown..." Though her nightgown isn't white it's true that I haven't found a safer place than the shoulder of my Mom. There hasn't been a thing in my life I haven't been able to trust her with. Her love has and always will be unconditional... of that I'm sure.

"...oh I've got the best and the worst of her in me." I have been told my whole life that i'm the double of my Mother. It's proved to be good but it's also proved to be bad. But I wouldn't change it. It's all an honor to me.

"She's our Father's one great love, she's the one he wanted most..." This particular line in the song fits my Mom and Dad so perfectly. My Dad has loved my Mom since they were 16 years old. She's the one for him and always has been and always will be.

"...she's the light in the window of the house I grew up in." She has lit up our house with her laughter, her music, her love, and her testimony of God and Jesus Christ.

"She takes the midnight call..." Though sometimes she sends us to the other side of the bed to get our Dad when we're sick or scared and even though some of those times he hasn't even been home, she has always been ready to listen, comfort, and help at our call for her.

"...she's the bravest of us all." She really is. And part of why she's so brave is because she has my Dad by her side but she really is brave. There's nothing she truly fears because of her faith. It makes the rest of us brave too.

"...still she sings in the garden she let's her hair down in." She sings and she gardens and I love both of those things about her.

"We all need her, but no one more than me." This couldn't be more true. I rely on my Mother for so much and I don't know that there's another person who needs her more than I do, equally maybe, but definitely not more.

I'm thankful for this song. I'm thankful that it helped me express some of the tender feelings I have towards the greatest woman in my life.

I miss being with T all the time but especially on our birthday. It's hard to be away. But it's still a great day because I get to celebrate the person who brought me into this world and who has loved me ever since.

Happy Birthday Mama!! I love you!
















1 comment: