Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Two Years

Two years ago was a Sunday.
Season 2 of the 'Walking Dead' was premiering.
The Panthers played the Falcons and lost.
We had my Dad's country fried steak, mashed potatoes, and green beans for supper.
And we left church early to peel and mash said potatoes.
We had dessert over at my grandparents house.
I had just turned 20 three days prior.
I was still a nanny for Aleksei and Niko.
I was months away from starting my junior year of college.
Mox was still with us and we didn't even know we would ever have Spooner.
It was still warm, warm enough to drive around with the windows down.
And it was the night that Will and I started dating.

These past two years have brought a lot of changes.

Today is a Wednesday.
Season 4 of the Walking Dead just started on Sunday.
The Panthers are doing well so far this season.
I just turned 22 three days ago.
Aleksei is in the first grade and Niko is in the third grade. (How is that possible?)
I'm half way through my student teaching.
Spooner is the only one holding down the fort.
It's cold and I keep my windows up and my heat on.
And Will is 4 months away from being home.

But there are some things that haven't changed at all.

Like the fact that I'm still dating Will and that even in our separation things between us couldn't be any better.
Which is why we're celebrating our 2 year anniversary despite that separation.
So happy 2 years to us both.
They've been the best.


1 comment: