I love thunderstorms. And I realize that it sounds so cliche because everyone says they love thunderstorms. But I really do love them and have as long as I can remember. They also happen to remind me of home... which I also realize sounds cliche because everyone says that too. BUT North Carolina averages 50 thunderstorms a year which is one of the highest averages in the country. SO i'm not cliche. I'm not just trying to be cute.
I really do love thunderstorms and they really do remind me of home:
I remember Katie being so scared of the thunder when she was a baby and I remember my 10 year old self making up songs to calm her down.
I remember sitting in the garage in our beach chairs watching the lightening and listen to the glorious thunder.
I remember seeing pink lightening when I was little and thinking it was the coolest thing.
I remember all the thunderstorms during all our beach trips. Oh how I love seeing the dark clouds roll in off the ocean and watching the angry sea respond to them.
I remember how worried I would get about Mox, who is desperately afraid of thunder, when a storm would hit and I wasn't home for her.
I remember thunder shaking the walls of our house and I remember being surprised at how it didn't startle me.
I remember being out on the Lake and being in the middle of a storm and how tiny that made me feel. Tiny, but not frightened.
I remember being at girls camp and feeling the thunder shake the ground and knowing that that thunder was a testament to the power of my God.
I'm thankful for these two thunderstorms we've had this week, even though they were short. And i'm thankful for all the good memories and feelings they brought with them.
![]() |
| Oak Island North Carolina |

No comments:
Post a Comment