What's a hobo spider you ask? THIS IS:
Would you like to know where hobo spiders hale from? THESE STATES:
And want to know were they love to live?
BASEMENTS.
So basically we're living in hobo heaven as we not only live in Idaho but we also live in a basement.
Oh and did I mention they're really poisonous? They're like a mild version of brown recluses. They aren't known to be fatal but they will send you to the hospital in a jiffy. So needless to say we're all pretty scared of them.
Tonight Megan had a very, VERY close encounter with a hobo. But before I get into that let me start at the beginning.
I first heard of hobo spiders last spring before I lived in a basement but I didn't think much of them because, well, I didn't live in a basement at that time. I was quickly reminded of them, however, when a couple of weeks ago I heard a scream coming from Ashley's room. That was just the first sighting. We started to get concerned and so we contacted the maintenance man and he came one morning while we were out of the house to spray for them.
I don't think it worked...
The other day as I was pulling the shower curtain back to hop in a hobo fell out of the curtain and luckily for me fell into the shower. It was absolutely frightening. I was so creeped out after that and I was scared to be in the bathroom. But the fear passed.
Until tonight. I was in the middle of telling Megan a story when she threw down the shorts she had in her hand, silently but swiftly threw her hand into the wall, and then in a quick leap got up on her bed. She looked so scared but I was so confused because she was so silent. It felt like a million years before she told me what was wrong...she had had a hobo crawling up her hand! I don't know how she handled it so gracefully but she did because after the fact we FREAKED OUT!
I may or may not have screamed "Where's W?!" and she may or may not have screamed "Do something!!" And we may or may not have both wet our pants a little bit. But, I cowboyed up and got down off of my bed to find and fight the hobo. It was hiding in one of Megan's crumpled up shirts and upon seeing it I promptly squished it dead with a fly swatter while screaming. It was huge. And I just could not even believe it had been crawling up Megan's arm just a few minutes before!
I don't know that we'll sleep very well tonight and we're definitely going to have to contact the maintenance man again...
This basement just isn't big enough for 5 girls and a bunch of hobos.


ok... just the photo was giving me the creeps. i feel for you.
ReplyDelete