Friday, June 8, 2012

Nothin' Worse

There is absolutely nothing, NOTHING, worse in this entire world than an empty mailbox.
It's so awkward when you tell your roommates you're going to go check the mail only to walk back in the door two seconds later empty handed.
It's so embarrassing to go check the mail only to find it empty at the same time that your neighbor is pulling hundreds of letters out of her mailbox.
It's so depressing to have been expecting a letter to be waiting for you all day and then realizing that you were wrong.
But then again... there is NOTHING better than opening that same mailbox, that's usually so bare, to find in it a letter with your name on it. And that's when it makes those empty mailbox days, that are so stinkin' frequent, not seem so bad.


1 comment:

  1. I completely remember that feeling. I used to get sweaty palms when I opened my mailbox. IT'S THE WORST!!!! It's also the best when you get something....hang in there sista. It's a worthy struggle :)

    ReplyDelete