Thursday, June 28, 2012

Where Am I?

I found myself wondering that to myself tonight...
Tonight as Megan, Ashley and I were driving home from our Ultimate Frisbee game Megan's car just stopped. It completely died. And not just the kind of dead that can be fixed with a jump but dead as a doorknob dead. However, we only had about 2 seconds to panic before the car was literally swarmed with 7 people asking if we needed help. Before we could even explain to them what the problem was they had the hood popped, Megan's jump pack hooked up, the car in neutral, and they were pushing the car down the street, and into an open parking spot. Then when we couldn't get the car started again a guy offered to run home, grab his truck and tow rope, and pull us home. And when we were on our way home and the tow rope snapped, yet another person with a truck and a tow rope stopped and hooked us up and drove us home.
It was incredible how many people stopped to help us. And that doesn't even count the people in their cars who slowed down to ask if we were okay. We were all so intensely thankful and so amazed at the kindness we witnessed. And the whole time I just keep thinking to myself "Where am I? and "Who are these people?"
Well, I figured it out. I'm in a Christian community and I'm surrounded by good, honest, Christian people. I'm in the midst of thousands of college kids who, because they love Jesus Christ, stopped their busy lives to help 3 strangers.
I am both honored and thankful to be able to spend my college years in a place such as this.


No comments:

Post a Comment