Saturday, June 2, 2012

Congratulations Maddie!!

Today my sister, Madison Kelsey Hanline, graduated from Lake Norman Charter School.
I am so thrilled for her on this momentous day in her life.
She's taking a huge step in her life and she's doing so with the grace and class that only she could posses.
Because I'm out here at school I couldn't be there today for her to walk across the floor, I couldn't be there to see her throw her cap in the air with all her classmates, I couldn't be there to see her in her new dress covered up by her blue gown, and I couldn't be there to celebrate her day with her.

So, Madd, Congratulations on Graduating High School!! I am so happy for you and so proud of you. I know that this is a bittersweet day for you but it's a good thing it's so bittersweet. It means that you loved High School and that these last four years meant something to you and touched you and changed you. It means you made life long friends that you love and that'll you miss as you all go your separate ways. It means that you learned a lot about life and about yourself. It means that you felt comfortable and at peace during high school. It means that you had a blast. It means that these last four years of High School were some of the best you've had and that you loved your school and that you loved your life.
It's hard to move on. It's scary and it takes courage. But you can do hard things and you have courage. You're starting another life changing chapter in your life and it's going to be so wonderful. You're going to learn so many new things, make so many new friends, and have so many new and FUN experiences.
But, despite this change you're about to make, you'll always think about High School. You'll always remember it fondly and with a smile and sometimes even a laugh. You'll always consider your best friends from High School some of the closet you have and they'll always be your people, no matter how far away you are from one another. You'll always talk about high school and you'll even miss it at times. You'll always think of yourself as a Knight because you'll always be a Knight. You will always love High School, even as you move on, because it was in High School that you became who you are. It was High School that got you ready for the rest of your life.
I'm so excited for you Madd and I'm so proud of who you are. You're going to do great things in this world and I can't wait to see what's in store for you next. You're smart, kind, funny, beautiful, and you're ready. We can't wait for you to become a BYUI Viking and I can't wait for Rexburg to have 2 Hanline girls! (I'm not sure it's ready for that.)
Enjoy this day Maddie! It's one you'll treasure for the rest of your life. And know that I wish so much that I could be there with you and for you and that I'm thinking of you today. I love you so much Madison!

So here's to you Maddie and here's to the Class of 2012!!




And I want to dedicate this song to you Madd because it couldn't be more perfect for you at this time and it couldn't describe how I feel towards you any better. 
I love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment