My Granddaddy Bob is one of my favorite people. Growing up with him as one of my Grandparents was so great. He let me make fun of his snoring. He built the Grand-kid's a legit swing set. He let us drive the golf carts all the time. He would show us the moon so that we wouldn't be so sad when we had to leave. He told us stories about the Indians that haunted his property. He would let us help him pick vegetables from his garden. He started taking each of us out to breakfast, one on one, at the beach. He would use great quotes that are still popular with us now like "See you 'round like a doughnut", "You're welcome as rain", and our all time favorite as kids "Nighty poo, don't poo in your nighty". And sometimes he would even let us go in his shop. I loved my Granddaddy growing up. But as I have gotten older I have grown to love him even more. I've grown to love our relationship that gets better and better every year. I've learned so much from him and I have loved every minute I get to spend with that man. He is so wise and has such wonderful advice. We have so much fun joking and just chatting. I love that he lives so close to me so that these joking and chatting sessions can happen all the time. He tells wonderful stories about his childhood, his time in Germany, and raising my Mom and I just can't get enough of them. He is so smart and knows so much about everything. He is wonderful. I feel so blessed to be his Granddaughter. I hope that he has the most wonderful birthday.
Happy Birthday G-Daddy! I love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment