Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Secret Package

On Tuesday I got the best surprise!
So first, a little background information: Will told me that he was sending me a package and that it should get to my apartment on Saturday the 14th. However, it didn't arrive then. Now I had no idea what was in the package and he WOULD NOT give me any clues. No matter how much I begged him to he brilliantly kept it a secret. Now, of course, this drove me insane! I kept wondering what in the world it could be. Megan and I talked about it for days. Guessing and thinking and wondering what in the world could be in the package. I thought that it would never get here but finally, FINALLY, on Tuesday I checked the mail and there it was.
So I took it in my apartment and called Will to make sure I could open it. When I got the "go ahead" the scissors came out. Inside were 3 things and they had an order they needed to be opened in. (Cute huh?) So the first thing was 3 bottles of Diet Cheerwine! As in legit, glass bottles. I was thrilled! I then moved onto the second thing which happened to be an envelope. I opened it and found a folded piece of paper. I started unfolding it and my heart stopped. I turned to Megan and whispered "I think it's a plane ticket!" to which she responded "Open it!!" So with shaking hands and a pounding heart I unfolded that piece of paper to find Will's travel plans to come out here!!!! I freaked out. I think I screamed. I frantically looked for the date of his arrival and found it; February 2!! I don't know that I could have been happier at that moment. Right then there was a knock at my door and it was my dear friend Ashley Foster. I ran, screaming the grand news. Ashley instantly joined in the celebration. It was wonderful!!
The rest of the night was just as joyful as it could be. I'm pretty sure I smiled all night. Will is coming. Will is coming in 14 days!!
So yes, I got the best surprise on Tuesday.


No comments:

Post a Comment