Tuesday, November 8, 2011

To Tell You The Truth Tuesday

     To tell you the truth my life is going pretty great right now. I mean don't get me wrong, I have a wonderful life all the time. I'm extremely blessed and happy. But as of late I feel like I've been given extra blessings. Blessings that i'm so thankful to be receiving but blessings that if I didn't get wouldn't take away from how great my life is. These blessings are like the icing on the cake. They're like getting an extra day at the beach or finding money in your winter coat pocket. These blessings seem like a gift.
     For example, this weather we're having is such a gift! It's November 8th and it's in the 70's! I'm sitting out on my deck, as I type, tanning. It's incredible. I'm almost too hot to stay out here even and it's NOVEMBER!
     And another blessing, my dog Moxie. She's a 12 year old Lab and two years ago she almost died from Liver Poisoning. My family took her to the Vet and were told she wouldn't make it through the night. And yet, here she is 2 years later. Of course she has her Old Lady ailments but she's doing great. And every day we have with her is blessing and a joy. She lights up our lives. :)
     Also my "job" is such a gift and it keeps on giving. For 3 years now when i'm home in the fall I have been a  nanny for the most wonderful family. They have 2 little boys, Niko and Aleksei, and I adore them. I have so much fun with them and I can't think of another way I would rather spend my days. They're just so precious and every time I leave their house I feel so blessed that that's my job!
     I got to see one of my good friends from school! It was so crazy how it happened. He's from Texas and spending this Fall Semester in Utah but his family was having a family reunion at Myrtle Beach! And it was the same week we were at the beach an hour away! So he drove up for the day and partied with us. It was so fun to see a friend from school!
    And finally, I have been given a gift as of late that's more private but just know that it's a good one. It makes my heart happy and puts a smile on my face.
     My life would have been good without all these blessings. I would have been happy regardless. But man I'm so thankful I don't have to go without them.
    To tell you the truth God is good to me.

Sweet Mox :)

Funny Niko 

Precious Aleksei

My good friend Chris and me at the beach :)

And just a hint ;)

2 comments: