Friday, November 11, 2011

Veteran's Day

I love this day. I love it so much and that's because I love the Veterans of this country. Of course, who doesn't? But I especially love them because it is my love for them and what they did for this country that determined what I wanted to study and do for the rest of my life. It's the Veterans of this great nation that lead to my love of History when I was in the 8th grade. It was my intrigue in what they did, stood for, sacrificed, and defended that lead to my relationship with the wonderful subject of History.
I am honored to have several Veterans in my family. Both of my Grandfathers, Bob Davis and Jim Hanline. My Great Grandfather Robert Christenbury. My Uncle Bill Little. And my cousin's wife Kelly Peavy.
I hope that they all had a wonderful Veterans day and felt our Country's gratitude for them and their service.

No comments:

Post a Comment