It's a lot harder than it sounds to practice what you preach.
I found this out late last night.
I've learned through my religion classes here that when you need help making a decision you can't just expect God to make the decision for you. You have to study it out in your mind and your heart and make a decision. Then after that you take your decision to the Lord and that's when He'll let you know if it's right or wrong.
Well of course this makes sense to me, I understand it, and I even tell people to do it, but somehow when I actually had to put this into action I struggled.
I wanted God to just tell me what to do. I wanted Him to just solve my problem for me because that meant that I didn't have to worry whether or not I was doing the right thing. But I knew that wasn't His way. I knew that I had to make a decision and take it to Him. And so as hard as it was and as much as it pushed me out of my comfort zone, I did it. I made up my mind and took it to the Lord.
Today has been a relief. It's been like a breath of fresh air. It's like I'm back even though I really never left.
I finally have peace and for that I give thanks to the Lord.
boy am i so dang glad you are back...its true, its really like you are back!!
ReplyDelete