Today my home state of North Carolina, the state I love with all my heart, and it's people, did right in my eyes.
Today the people of North Carolina voted against legalizing Gay Marriage.
Now don't take this as me hating Gays and Lesbians because I most certainly do NOT.
I love humanity despite ALL it's imperfections. I mean I'm far from perfect myself.
I love the God that reigns over and loves us all despite our imperfections and shortcomings, whatever they may be.
But I also believe that marriage is ordained of God only if it's between a Man and a Woman.
And I believe that marriage is sacred and that it should be protected.
Many people today are angry that North Carolina banned Gay Marriage. They say they are ashamed of North Carolina. They say that people are ignorant for not believing in Gay Marriage.And people are angry.
But I don't think they really understand marriage. I don't think they understand it's importance and what it really means to God and to us as His children.
So once again, I love God. I believe He loves all of us, gay or not, because we are His children. But I do not believe that God is accepting of our sins, whatever they are. We are to defend what is right and what is of God and today North Carolina and her people did just that.
So today, like always, I am proud to be a North Carolinian.
No comments:
Post a Comment