So today, as we all know, is FAT TUESDAY!! To celebrate we decided to have a party at our apartment. We planned it last week and sent out invites on facebook. We invited a lot of people... so much so that we were worried that we wouldn't have enough food. I made the spicy sausage dip, Megan made a 7 layer, pumpkin cookies, and a fruit dip, Jasmine made homemade guacamole, Lindsay did fondue and punch, and Leslie made Jello (she's from, yep you guessed it, Utah). We also had popcorn and sweets we wanted to get rid of out. Well we over prepared which I guess is better then not having enough... except that we only had three people (not including the 5 of us) come! It turned out to be fun but I'm not going to lie I wasn't happy because 1. people were late and 2. people didn't show that said they would. Now this didn't seem to bother any of my other roommates and I was wondering why that was and then it hit me. Mama raised me right! My Mother doesn't like to be late EVER. And when we commit to something we follow through! Now I do realize that I am in college and that the average college student isn't bother by such matters but I couldn't help but be annoyed. Anyway I got over it and we ended up have a good time. The good was delicious and we had plenty of food due to the lack of attendance and we even sent people home with leftovers!
So for Lent this year I'm giving up sweets. Sweets to me means everything sugary unless you can eat it for breakfast. I am also going to go to the gym 3 times a week not including Zumba. It's going to be good. My roommates are all participating in Lent with me and so are a couple of my other friends. It makes me chuckle inside that I am helping my Mormon friends become the good Catholics they should be! :) So over all it was a good Fat Tuesday. I ate myself sick along with my great friends. Now onto Lent!
 |
| This is our Fat Tuesday spread. I am dreading the clean up! |
that souns like a fun night!! hope to see you soon love you !!
ReplyDelete