So Maddie posted a video on my Facebook Wall of Allison Krauss singing Carolina in my Mind by James Taylor. It was so good and at the end it showed him in the audience listening to her sing it. So then I got to watching lots of James Taylor videos on YouTube. Man, it really took me back! Mother loves James Taylor and we used to listen to him all the time when we were little. I can see us riding around in the old gray van we had, singing his songs as little girls. I remember loving 'Copperline' because it said "Copperhead" and I knew what a Copperhead was (I was probably 6 or 7 at the time). I also loved the song about the Mill Worker but it always made me feel so sad. I wondered why she wouldn't just go back and live with her parents instead of working at the Mill for the rest of her life. It's so funny the way we interpret songs when we are young. Anyway, I am just so grateful to my Mother for the music she listened to when I was little because it's become the music that I love now. And I don't just mean James Taylor but Bob Marley, The Charlie Daniels Band, Billy Joel, Earth, Wind, and Fire, and the always wonderful Beatles. So, Thank You Mother for your great taste in music!
I'm still listening to James Taylor now and man I really am goin' to Carolina in my mind!
No comments:
Post a Comment