Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Called To Serve

Today Will went into the MTC.
I can't even believe it's here.
It seems like we were just sitting in his living room anxiously waiting for him to rip that envelope open to reveal where he was going to serve for 2 years.
Now he's gone. 
I'm not sure that it's hit me yet.

But here's what I am sure of:
He's doing exactly what he should be.
He's going to the most perfect place in the world for him.
He's been waiting and preparing his whole life for this.
He's excited and ready for this.
He's going to be such a wonderful missionary.
He's going to touch the lives of everyone he meets. (He has a habit of doing that.)
He's going to learn and grow in Christ.
He's going to return with honor. 

And I am also sure that:
I couldn't be happier for him.
I wouldn't want him to be doing anything but serving his mission right now.
I am quite proud of him.
I can't wait to get a letter from him and get to respond to it.
I'm excited for all that these next two years will bring.
I'm going to miss him intensely. 

 Here he is! Elder Spencer!
(Though he wasn't an elder when he took this picture it
gives us a pretty good idea of what he currently looks like.)





1 comment:

  1. my favorite part..."it gives us a pretty good idea of what he currently looks like." hahaha love this post of course

    ReplyDelete