Thursday, March 15, 2012

My First Letter!

Well ladies and gentlemen, I got a letter today!! My very first one.
And guess what?! So did my family. And so did Gary (his best friend). And I'm assuming so did his family. But that in no way diminishes the worth of my letter.
I went to check the mail this afternoon and when I opened our mailbox there was a little package in there, for one of my roommates, that was filling up pretty much the whole mailbox. So upon seeing that package I figured there was nothing else in the mail. BUT I was wrong! When I pulled that package out, there it was. Probably the most beautiful sight I could have beheld today. My heart stopped when I pulled it out and saw my name written in that perfectly teeny handwriting. Then I rushed back to my apartment, as fast as I could without running, calmed myself down, and then carefully opened the letter.
And so for all of you who maybe were wondering... Will Spencer is alive. And not only is he alive but he is thriving and he is doing so wonderful, though we all knew he would.


Florida, Tallahassee Mission

Some of my favorite parts of the letter:

"The food is okay, it's not great. They don't have Texas Pete and that has been hard."

"We took pictures in front of my confederate flag last night."

"It's crazy how much I have grown already in the 6 days I have been here."




1 comment: