I thought it was time to have a little entertainment on this here blog. And so I thought I would share my most embarrassing moment ever.
It happened about six months ago, on October 29th to be exact. Our October beach trip was wrapping up, as we were leaving in the morning, and Will had already left for the night. When he made it home safely he sent me a text message to let me know he was home and in it he mentioned a song he really enjoyed. We chatted about that for a while and then the grounds were laid for me to have my most embarrassing moment through this conversation:
"Do you know what else I enjoy?" (And for whatever reason I read "Do you know what else I love?")
"What?"
"You."
So when he said "You." I thought that Will Spencer was telling me that he loved me. And I freaked. And then I promptly responded:
"Are you serious?"
"Yes."
"You're telling me over a text?"
"What do you mean?"
"In what way are you telling me you love me?"
"Did I say Love?"
And as soon he said "Did I say love?" my heart sank. I looked back at the conversation and that's when I realized that at no point in that conversation did that boy use the word love. I was absolutely MORTIFIED! I don't know that I could have been more embarrassed. So I called Will so that I could apologize but instead I just sat on the phone as he laughed his head off at me.
Luckily for me, my jumping to conclusions didn't scare Will away. Luckily for me, he has a great sense of humor. And luckily for me, I can handle being made fun of because from then on Will would make fun of me by saying things like "In what way are you asking me if we can listen to the radio?" or "In what way are you asking me to hand you the remote?" What a good sport he is.
Now as I look back on it I can do nothing but laugh and it will definitely be a moment that, however embarrassing, I will always love.
No comments:
Post a Comment